|Compliance Engineer - Home Based - West Midlands (South) [21/02/2019]|
Our Client enables the building services and construction industries and their clients to enhance the value of the built environment by improving the quality of their products and services, the efficiency of their provision and the effectiveness of their operation.
This job relates to a vacancy within our Compliance Department.
For the right person this position will provide an interesting and satisfying opportunity to work with a range of developers on some of the UK’s most prestigious
projects, providing them with a quality testing service, as per the requirements of Part E, F and L of the Building Regulations.
The engineer will have the primary responsibility for testing new buildings using specialist equipment and reporting software.
As a Compliance Engineer, you will be:
• Conducting sound insulation testing in accordance with Building Regulations Part E
• Conducting airtightness tests in accordance with Building Regulations Part L, and client specified standards
• Conducting ventilation performance tests in accordance with Building Regulations Part F
• Conducting related consultancy services as required
• Liaising with site management
• Conducting Fault detection
• Conducting Results analysis and producing findings in accordance with the Company reporting procedures
• Preparing all the necessary reports for the line manager
• Presenting findings to clients
• Conduct daily routine checks of the equipment and vehicle and ensuring that the equipment/ van is in good working condition
• Reporting any faults/ repairs requirements to the line manager
The successful candidate:
To be successful in this role you will possess the following Skills and Knowledge:
• Excellent diagnostic skills (investigative, problem identification and solution)
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• The ability to work without supervision
• The ability to balance thoroughness with commercial demands
• High commercial awareness including the ability to identify potential areas for new projects
• A clear and confident manner communicating, both verbally and in writing
• A highly developed and creative approach to problem-solving
• Good inter-personal skills
• Computer literacy and numeracy
• Sound Insulation Testing experience for compliance with part E will be an advantage.
• Experience in construction
• You will need to successfully complete the in-house Dwelling Airtightness (DAT) training course and ventilation testing & commissioning course within the first six
months of employment
• A clean license is desirable
• CSCS cardholder
This role’s working pattern is 40 hours per week. Benefits include a Pension Scheme and 26 days holiday per year (pro rata, excluding Bank Holidays), etc.
This is a home-based role.
Our Client is willing to consider applicants located anywhere within the Cheltenham and Gloucester area, with good road links.
About our Client:
They are a test, instruments, research and consultancy organisation, providing specialist services in construction and building services.
They employ 200+ people at our head office in Bracknell (UK), at regionally based construction compliance offices throughout the UK; at offices in France, Spain,
China, USA; and Associates in Northern Ireland, Japan, Brazil and Australia.
Their mission is to make buildings better, and we support industry in designing and operating buildings that perform well economically, socially, and environmentally.
They do this through providing independent testing of products and buildings throughout the construction industry; the sale, calibration and rental of
instruments; market intelligence; information; and consultancy services for design, construction, facilities management and manufacturing.
Their VISION is to be leaders for information, knowledge and improvement for the built environment.
Their VALUES are to be authoritative, collaborative, independent and innovative.