Junior Team Leader [30/08/2018]
Junior Team Leader Job Description:-
- As a direct report to the Referencing Team Leader the role holder will be responsible for the delivery of a range of high volume business critical processes through the Leadership of their team(s)
- The Junior Team Leader will be responsible for the provision of an efficient and pro-active customer service function using an operational excellence framework. The successful applicant will have demonstrable Team Leading experience in a Customer focused environment. This role would suit an individual who is driven by delivering exceptional customer service and has the leadership and interpersonal skills to motivate, support and lead their team.
- The candidate will produce reports and a plan of action utilising Lean principals including Visual Management, Work Cells, Gemba, Value Streams Maps and Supplier Input Process Output Customer (SIPOC) to improve productivity, increase process efficiencies and reduce costs.
- The role holder will be responsible for setting the strategic direction, managing BAU Operations and driving the delivery of an Lean operational function
- High quality Team Leadership will ensure clients are retained and new customers brought in to achieve our 2020 growth plans.
OPERATIONAL LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT – 50%
- Manage the performance and development of the team through customer focused measures and build engaged, well motivated, high performing team(s)
- Improving the productivity of the work force through training, developing talent, technology enablement, process improvements, best practices and implementing Lean Standards within the company to improve the overall skill level of the operational function
- The role holder will manage the allocation of resources to ensure that Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are achieved at all times, resolving issues which will ensure that the business operates with maximum efficiency.
- Coach and Support colleagues to improve team performance and ensure procedures and relevant regulatory requirements/codes are met
- Medium term planning for the team, identifying resource needs to meet customer expectations. Time horizon of 3-6 months.
- Analyse data to understand type, frequency and variation in demand and processes and use information to identify improvement opportunities, standardise processes and drive improvement.
- Manage relationships with other Operations Team Leaders where required to ensure effective support of the wider Operational goals.
- Lead the Continuous Improvement culture, enable colleagues to own continuous improvement
- Undertake weekly directional communications with the team
- The role holder will be responsible for maintaining and improving Quality Assurance controls and standards.
- The role holder will be accountable for development, delivery and maintenance of an effective Operational Risk Control environment covering all aspects of business risks, audit/compliance issues/Root Cause Analysis (RCA) report management.
- The role holder will be responsible for driving Operational impacting projects through their project lifecycle with the appropriate controls, project meetings and progress updates ensure each project is delivered to time, quality and cost.
- The role holder will ensure that the impact of change projects is successfully managed, working with the Technology team to support the successful implementation of change into the operations.
PERSONNEL & STAFF MANAGEMENT – 50%
- The role holder will be accountable for proficient management of staff performance, recruitment, development and promotion of individuals. Will provide coaching as necessary to ensure the team has the knowledge and awareness of regulatory, industry and process requirements.
- The role holder will demonstrate motivational and Leadership skills, building effective working relationships with team members, leading by example.
- The role holder will oversee Performance Development consistency across their own team(s) in line with High Performance Organisation (HPO) principles, and partakes in consistency checking across the Operational function.
- The role holder will ensure business messages are effectively cascaded and clearly articulated to all staff. The successful candidate will maintains visibility across the whole team by encouraging two-way communications.
- The role holder will hold regular team meetings and providing feedback and reviews.
Knowledge and Expertise
- The role holder will have technical knowledge and experience, with broad, comprehensive knowledge of industry / broader external market theories and practices
- Manage the performance and development of the team through customer focused measures and build engaged, well motivated, high performing teams
- Develop the team’s capabilities to close skill gaps with a robust training roadmap and ensure team skill set meets customer demand and regulatory requirements
- Analyse data to understand type, frequency and variation in demand and processes and use information identify improvement opportunities, standardise processes and drive improvement.
- Manage relationships with other Operational Team Leaders where required to ensure effective support for the wider Operational goals.
Experience / Qualifications
- 1-2 years’ demonstrable experience as a Leader within a customer service environment
- 1-2 years’ experience using Lean tools and techniques such as Operational Excellence
- Proven Operational Team Leadership experience to drive results and excellence
- The role holder will have proven experience of integration on project /change steps into existing or new operational processing functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to stay focused when dealing with high volumes of correspondence and data
- Pro-active and innovative
- Strong time management, organisation and prioritisation skills in order to successfully meet deadlines and control own and others’ workload
- Logical and systematic approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Please Send CV to email@example.com
Higgins Recruitment LimitedCompany Description:
http://www.higginsrecruitment.co.uk/ Click here to APPLY for this job