· To carry out daily physical checks of truck and equipment reporting any faults to immediate superior or General Manager.
· To drive vehicle within mandatory speed limits.
· To operate tachograph equipment in line with current drivers hours and records legislation.
· To work within current WTD regulations.
· To complete documentation and paperwork in line with Company policy.
· To carry out a thorough inspection of all vehicles collected and delivered, noting damage and deficiencies as necessary.
· To carry an inventory of personal effects not willingly retained at the collection point, listing items found on the appropriate collection document.
· To issue correctly completed company cheques for storage and recovery charges obtaining a ‘paid/signed’ invoice.
· To accurately append the company’s allocated lot number prominently to the front of each collected vehicle in-line with Company operating standards.
· To operate vehicle and loading equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
· To keep truck and equipment in a clean and tidy condition.
· To accurately record daily work details and submit Trip Confirmed.
· To observe and adhere to the Company’s Health and Safety Policy.
· To ensure all provided personal protective clothing are kept clean and tidy and report any damages and personal requirements to your immediate superior or General Manager.
- Clean Class 1 and 2 (C+E) LGV License
- Hold a current CPC Qualification Card
- Two years+ of LGV driving experience
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A positive, can-do attitude, with a sense of urgency
- Wanting to work hard and provide excellent customer service
Benefits:• Usually Monday to Friday working • 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays • Employee benefits scheme providing discounts at many high street retailers • Discounted Employee Share Purchase Plan • Contributory Personal Pension Plan • Childcare Vouchers • Company Sick Pay (after qualifying period) • Family event
In return for your expertise we offer a competitive Driver Pay Plan with a realistic salary of £31,000+ (based on a 7 car transporter). If you collect or
deliver more cars you’ll earn more.
We currently have several positions for this new opportunity. For further details please contact email@example.com
HRL-Higgins Recruitment Ltd is an Employment Agency