Sales Manager (UK/Europe) [03/05/2018]
Our Client is a cutting-edge online payment platform that leverages Blockchain settlement to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to, from and within sub-Saharan Africa. Clients range from African businesses and multinational companies paying suppliers as far as China and Dubai to international remittance companies using our API services for white-label payments to dozens of bank networks and mobile money operators across Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Senegal, and the DRC.
The diverse team of over 50 employees spans across Nairobi, Lagos, Dakar, London and Luxembourg and includes former employees of Barclays, Credit Suisse, Wells Fargo, Moneygram, Deloitte Consulting, and PwC. Our Client have raised nearly $10 million in funding from institutional investors including Greycroft Partners, Draper Associates, Pantera Capital, and Digital Currency Group.
The company values are Teamwork, Excellence, Flexibility/Creativity, Integrity, and Passion.
The Sales Manager (UK/Europe) is responsible for managing our clients sales operations across UK and Europe. This is an exciting opportunity to help take Africa’s leading digital FX company to the next level. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable in a dynamic, growing startup, and equally comfortable networking with executives as analyzing sales metrics. The key customer segment within this role is money transfer companies/operators (MTOs) but the role will require identifying other customer segments to approach.
- Ensure that new clients are won who trade large volumes at target margins. Ensure that total client portfolio grows while being diversified, stable and profitable.
- Recruit, train, manage, and retain a team of Sales Managers/Associates and Account Managers/Associates
- Reduce key-man risk and ensuring there is a team approach to winning and growing our portfolio of clients.
- Set an example of leadership, disciplined work, and cooperative team culture.
- Conduct Regional Market Analysis & Design Approach
- Set annual sales goals that ensure growth, diversity and stability – while maintaining steady margin
- Set Regional Targets, team sales goals and build sales plan for the next 12 months
- Target, Win & Manage Largest Regional Accounts
- Actively source, qualify, and win new clients at the highest level themselves (generating sales leads from networking, LinkedIn, cold-calling)
- Actively participate in weekly Global Sales team calls about progress and problem-solving
- Conduct phone calls, send emails, and make personal visits to clients
- Monitor Performance within teams
- Be open and communicative with regional teams about progress and problem-solving (via Slack daily and constantly with the regional team)
- Keep CRM/Prosperworks up to date and set an example for Sales Managers and Sales Associates on excellent lead and process management to clearly identify status and success during the sales process
- Build, Coach & Assist Team for Efficient Execution
- Train and support junior team members to actively source, qualify, and win new clients
- Represent Company at Regional Conferences and Events
- University Degree, ideally in Sales or Marketing
- At least 5 years experience in financial services sales and marketing, ideally in payments/money transfer, e-money, mobile money
- At least 5 years experience in managing a business development/sales team
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills
- Willingness to be based in London with travel around Europe
Ideal but not required:
- Experience living or working in sub-Saharan Africa
- Multilingual - French or Spanish or Italian speaker
Compensation will be based on the level of experience with the opportunity to earn sales bonuses.
Please send CV's to email@example.comJob Type:
Higgins Recruitment LimitedCompany Description:
http://www.higginsrecruitment.co.uk/ Click here to APPLY for this job