Head of People Operations and Human Resources Administration [03/05/2018]
Our Client is a cutting-edge online payment platform that leverages Blockchain settlement to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to, from and within sub-Saharan Africa. Clients range from African businesses and multinational companies paying suppliers as far as China and Dubai to international remittance companies using a API services for white-label payments to dozens of bank networks and mobile money operators across Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Senegal, Ghana, and the DRC.
A diverse team of 50 employees spans across Nairobi, Lagos, Dakar, London and Luxembourg and includes former employees of Barclays, Credit Suisse, Wells Fargo, Moneygram, Deloitte Consulting, and PwC. Our client have raised $10 million in funding from institutional investors including Greycroft Partners, Draper Associates, Pantera Capital, and Digital Currency Group.
The company values are Teamwork, Excellence, Flexibility/Creativity, Integrity, and Passion.
Our Client has grown from 20 to 50 employees in the past year and is seeking a skilled and professional Human Resources Manager to help ensure that we recruit, retain and develop the best talent possible! Our Client are looking for a highly-motivated self-starter who will plan, implement, and evaluate employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
Recruitment, Hiring and Onboarding:
- Lead recruitment and hiring strategy managing all aspects of applicant tracking system (ATS), interview and selection process, and relationships and communication with external recruitment partners.
- Manage full cycle recruitment process from job requisition to sourcing strategy, to phone screening candidates and interview design.
- Partner with leaders across the organization to proactively identify staffing needs and build a readily available talent pipeline.
- Design and manage employee onboarding experience ensuring new staff are equipped with the knowledge, skills and relationships to rapidly integrate into our clients culture.
- Conduct follow up and check in session with managers and new employees to ensure new employees settle into the organization well.
HR Administration, Compensation and Benefits
- Maintain employee benefits programs by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommend benefit programs to management; direct the processing of benefit claims; obtain and evaluate benefit contract bids; award benefit contracts; design and conduct educational programs on benefit programs.
- Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Consult legal counsel to ensure that policies and employment contracts comply with federal and state law in the different jurisdictions that the organization operates in.
- Conduct investigations; Represent the organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintain historical and current human resource records.
- Manage Administrative Assistants in the different jurisdictions (UK, Kenya, Nigeria, and Senegal)
- Investigate accidents and prepare reports for insurance carrier. Appoint members of the safety committee. Coordinate Safety Committee meetings and act as Safety Director.
Leadership Development, Learning & Performance
- Support managers to create a culture of continuous learning and performance by providing training and coaching to set targets and goals for direct reports and coordinating performance review sessions across the organization.
- Plan, monitor and development training opportunities that deliver value to the clients team.
- Provide coaching and support to our clients team members as needed, from leadership development and career coaching to designing targeted learning interventions to support performance improvement. Implement procedures and policies for succession planning.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Human Resource Management and Administration
· Must be able to speak and communicate in English and ideally French fluently
· Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills
· Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints
· Excellent leadership and management qualities such as strong work ethic, trustworthiness, self-confidence and the ability to delegate responsibilities
· Excellent communication skills
· Good problem-solving skills
· Good organizational skills
· Flexibility and creativity
· Ability to work under pressure
· Strong computer skills and ability to use Microsoft Package i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
This position has a competitive salary and full health benefits.
Please end your CV to firstname.lastname@example.orgJob Type:
Higgins Recruitment LimitedCompany Description:
http://www.higginsrecruitment.co.uk/ Click here to APPLY for this job