Project Manager [26/04/2018]
Project Manager - Hertford - £38K - £40K
The principal function of this position is to be the key person between the design team and installation team in the implementation of dewatering and monitoring schemes and act as team leader and main point of contact for our clients.
Our Client offers an extensive training and development program which will commence after individuals complete their probationary period. Company Induction, Initial basic training & PPE issue will be provided from commencement of your employment.
Reports / Responsible to Contracts Manager (Line Manager)
Key areas of responsibility Carry out project management duties:
• To deliver our Clients contractual obligations as directed by the Contracts Manager.
• To supervise site activities and closely liaise with our clients site staff, supervisors, subcontractors and suppliers.
• To maintain a documentary record, to a high quality standard of our clients contractual activities inc the collection, collation and presentation of data.
• To perform project management and dissemination responsibilities, including drafting of regular progress reports as required & participating in team meetings.
• Prepare Method Statements, inc working drawings and works procedures.
• Appoint and brief the site team, including specialist subcontractors.
• Define the project programme & ensuring contractual targets are met.
• Prepare, issue and negotiating monthly payment applications.
• Undertake business development activities for new contracts. This may involve site visits to collect information and discuss our client’s requirements, pursuing tenders, assist in the preparation of tenders & quotations.
• To be responsible for own health and safety and to prepare Risk Assessments for our activities. Brief, check and audit site staff to ensure safe working practices are being followed.
• Liaise with the company auditors and ensure execution of correctiveactions • To directly line manage dewatering & monitoring staff The above is not exhaustive and you will be expected to undertake any other duties which may reasonably fall within the level of responsibility and competence. The board is committed to the implementation and certification of an Integrated Management System to ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001.
• Assist in the development of the Integrated Management System
• Administer IMS procedures and ensure objectives and targets are met.
Qualifications & Experience
A motivated and hardworking individual with good written and communication skills is essential. Minimum 5 years’ experience within the construction industry managing projects and site staff in a similar environment, or 2 years within a Project Engineering role and has demonstrated sufficient skills and knowledge.
• A degree (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline.
• Comprehensive understanding of Hydrogeology, Engineering Geology or Civil Engineering. • Experience in the supervision of geotechnical activities and use of the ‘observational method’.
• Resourcefulness, initiative and the ability to work unsupervised in often difficult site conditions.
• The ability to plan and organise own workload as well as that of the team
• Experience and confidence in managing others
• Comprehensive awareness of commercial issues, ideally including knowledge of construction industry contracts
• Competent user of Microsoft Word, Excel and AutoCAD
• Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills and written communication skills - the ability to communicate complicated and sometimes sensitive concepts is an essential requirement
• Resourcefulness, initiative and the ability to work unsupervised
• Full UK Driving License
The role is predominately office based at our head office, but you will be expected to visit our clients sites for meetings, site walkovers, site inductions, undertake project briefings within the UK, mainland Europe and possibly globally as required. Working with our clients colleagues and our clients for the installation of dewatering systems in both outdoor & indoor environments (often within tunnels, adits and shafts, which are frequently classified as low to medium risk confined spaces).
Physical Requirements The role is predominately office based, but does require that the candidate utilizes a Visual Display Unit (VDU) as part of their day to day activities. On site you will standing for extended periods of time often in outdoor environments in all weather conditions.
UK Salary 38,000.00 - £40,000.00
Per Annum Job Level: Associate Start Date: Immediately
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree Industry: Construction & Engineering Function: Management & Operations
• Holiday entitlement is 25 days plus 8 days public holidays. Three days of the holiday entitlement will normally be taken between Christmas and the New Year. Following completion of 1, 3 and 5 years continuous service with the Company, your entitlement to paid holidays will be increased by a further 3, 2 and 2 days per annum respectively.
• Company car (business mileage is fully expensed)
• Company Oyster Card on auto top up for Central London travel
• Trade Association and Professional Body Membership Fees paid for
• Company Pension Scheme auto enrolment WJ will match an employee’s contribution, on the basis of one pound per pound. The contributions will start at 3% of your basic salary and will increase as per the government guidelines.
To Apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com
Higgins Recruitment LimitedCompany Description:
http://www.higginsrecruitment.co.uk/ Click here to APPLY for this job